I tagged by Stesha yesterday in her truths about me post and I have never done one of these posts, so thanks Stesha for the tag! Love ya girl!
I liked to share on my blog a lot of my favorites things but to share personal things about me is a bit harder, maybe some of you understand and share my sentiments.
1. A lot of my friends call me, Meg, but in my work life it is always Megan, yup that is what Meg is short for, no surprises there. When my parents were deciding what to name me, my grandma suggested Mickey. My maiden name is Mouch pronounced like ouch just add an M in the front, Mouch. My grandma thought it would be cute to name me Mickey Mouch, thank goodness my parents didn't take go that route.
2. I have noticed that I like something, I really like something whether it be a song, a food or an article of clothing. I like it listen to it a lot, eat it frequently and wore it a lot (don't worry I wash it a lot too) but then I get bored and tired of that one thing and I dump it for the next newest thing in my life. Anyone else do that??
3. I have never had an innate desire to be a mother. Do I want to be yes? But I have always been an in order in life type of person. First I go to school then at some point I get married and then after that kids. So I did the school thing, said those vows almost 3 years ago and so I guess the next thing on the list is kids but when? You got me but I have never felt that "all I want to do is be a mom" or "I can't wait to be a mom" type of feeling. Blame it on my genes, none of the women in my family ever expressed that.
4. I am not a 5 or 10 year type of plan kind of gal, in fact that question in interviews scares me because how the heck do I know what I want to be doing in 10 years let alone 5 years? There are two types of answers I would give, the unrealistic type of 5 year plan answer like living in Bora Bora, relaxing on the beach every day or the realistic type of answer, which would be I don't know. Literally, I don't know what my 5 year plan is. Sometimes I feel like a bit of a failure being 29, not really sure what my dream job or occupation is. When you are looking for a job and you aren't sure what you want to do or what your dream job is how do you type that in the search box on Monster.com or Careerbuilder?
5. Until recently, I have never been a hang out in groups type of gal until I met these three beautiful and godly ladies - Kasey, Katie and Jamie. They have changed my opinion about hanging out in groups, like a regular group, the type of group that will plan to hang out together on purpose and not necessarily have a specific agenda in mind but just to enjoy each other's company. I have never felt so loved by these girls and I don't feel like I have to win them over to like me, they just do. They have been wonderful, uplifting and encouraging ladies and I am so blessed that God has brought them into my life through blogging. Without blogging, we probably would have never met.
Lastly, I love Easter time and not just for the reason for the celebration but for these beauties that I always buy as least 30 stems at a time.
These are the beauties that open from this...