I blinked and three months has already passed since your birth sweet baby girl!! We love you so much and you are a perfect addition to our family!! You give the sweetest smiles and cutest coos! And I love dressing you in the most adorable outfits my little fashionista!
We are in the depths of all things children! We are constantly changing diapers then outfits because either Kate spit up or pooped or the spit up landed on me so an outfit change for her or I. It is hard but we are loving our newest addition to our family. She is perfect, cute and we feel complete with her!
As a second time mom, I have my list of must haves for every mom, whether first or experienced. Some of my favorite baby items I would definitely tell you to register for because they have helped me so much for example a swaddle sleepsack. I pop Kate into the pre-made swaddle, wrap one piece of fabric over both arms and then secure her arms down with the fabric on the other side of the swaddle. It keeps her safe and secure all night long and I don't have to fuss in the middle of the night with a large swaddle, the ones that are put together already are a lifesaver!
Some essentials as any parent knows are diapers and wipes. You go through all different sizes or even different brands to find out what diapers will keep all that poop and pee inside the diapers. You know what diapers I am loving with my second kid especially with their adorable prints, the Honest diapers! You can get your Honest diapers and wipes at Baby R Us too now so while you are registering for that perfect stroller, the safest car seat and other baby essentials, register for some Honest diapers and wipes too.
Want some more of my must have baby items I highly recommend you put on your registry? Check out my following suggestions!
Today is my 33rd birthday. To honor that, I would I would make a list of 33 life lessons I have learned along the way. Some funny, some serious.
Here you go!
1. eat chocolate, always eat the chocolate
2. a cup of coffee is always a delicious way to wake up in the morning even if you have to reheat it a few times if you are a mom
3. let the guy do the pursuing in the relationship leading to marriage
4. find one that doesn't play games with your relationship
5. go to college
6. always put Jesus first then your husband then your kid.
7. ^^ this is a constant work in progress for me still
8. invest in friendships who invest in you
9. give people your time who will give you their time
10. life is too short for crappy friends
11. take care of your body
12. invest in exercise on a regular basis
13. turn off the TV and electronics
14. real food is the BEST food
15. but again eat the chocolate, always eat the chocolate
16. you are worth investing in your health
17. buy a capsule wardrobe
18. use makeup as an enhancer of your natural beauty
19. buy clothes that only look amazing on you
20. stuff won't bring you happiness
21. make church a weekly Sunday morning event - it will provide so much
22. pay off debts
23. buy memories, not things
24. being your own boss is very freeing!
25. the things you want MOST in life are worth working hard to achieve
26. be confident in yourself
27. say yes once in a while if you find yourself saying no a lot
28. apologize to people
29. find a way to forgive
31. continue to eat chocolate
32. celebrate even the little accomplishments or moments in life
33. enjoy a big slice of birthday cake!
There you have it!! Hope you enjoyed my list of important life lessons.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas whether you celebrated as your family, extended family or friends!! My parents came to celebrate with us. I hate saying here is a photo dump of our Christmas memories but here is a photo dump of our Christmas celebrations.
We always eat great food whether at home or go out to restaurants when my parents are here too most commonly Asian food. For our Christmas Eve meal, we recreated what the Japanese think we eat for Christmas which is fried chicken, so KFC it was! Here is an article on the history of fried chicken on Christmas Eve in Japan.
Caleb got plenty of bike riding in as well, excelling more and being more confident on the balance bike, taking longer and longer rides. As a result, Santa brought a bike with pedals this year!
Christmas was then followed up by the after Christmas sales like Sean and I did hitting up Target for Christmas lights because you can never have enough right?
How was your Christmas?
Earlier this week, the Henning family had their first annual ninjabread house decorating party. Caleb calls it ninjabread house instead of gingerbread so that why ninjabread house. With several graham crackers, homemade royal icing (super easy by the way only three ingredients, way cheaper than store bought frosting) and lots of candy, we were ready to make our houses.
We started with a simple four sided wall, a top then two pieces making a triangle for the roof. The royal icing dried fast which helped hold the house up. Between the marshmallows on the top, the Mike and Ikes, some gummy bears, Caleb's ninjabread was done.
I was working on my house in the same fashion, which Sean took to make his ninjabread house more like a castle.
Has it been hard to keep Caleb away from the houses especially to not eat all the candy off of it? You bet! So you tell me what are you doing with your family to enjoy the Christmas season? Any new traditions you are starting this year?
Somehow we have made it to 29 weeks plus 1 day in this pregnant. Has time felt like it is flying by? Honestly no! Whoever said that the second pregnancy goes by much faster wasn't quite telling the truth. I can tell you that the second time is very different. I feel so unprepared at this point. Nothing is done in the nursery, clothes are very very minimal, and a name, not even close.
Second time moms, what had you done at this point? Is this normal second child behavior?