Late Summer Inspiration

What do I do when Sean is away? I had a girlfriend over to watch Bachelor Pad and drink a girly drink made from moscato, Sprite and pink lemonade concentrate, yup that was my evening last night!
If summer wasn't here already in California than in the past week, it has really made its presence known. I'm talking over 100 degrees each day and maybe where you live 100 degrees for a week is nothing but over here I am melting. Or I can look at it as preparing me for next week when I will be in Tucson all week. My mom is having surgery on her shoulder, torn rotator cuff, on Monday so I am heading there to hang out with her while she recovers.
These extreme temps we have been having had made me want to shop for more summer clothes,
fall is definitely not on the brain at all. That being said, I did a little Internet shopping for you all and found a few late summer pieces I hope you enjoy as much as I would enjoy having all of these items in my closet.

last summer shopping
1//polka dot chambray shirt 2//ikat shorts 3//fireball stud earrings 4//striped blouse 5//necklace 6//envelope clutch
7//polka dot top 8//satchel 9//skirt 10//hat 11//sunglasses 12//clutch
Also you can find me guest posting over for Kasey while she is off enjoying her Hawaiian vacation.

22 comments:

Alissa said...

It's really hard for me to keep up my inspiration during the last few weeks of summer so this is a perfect post!

Courtney said...

I love that Jcrew striped blouse and the polka dot chambray too, cute!

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

Your night sounds perfect & yummy!! LOVE those shorts and that necklace...and the fedora. Yay late summer pieces! Good luck to your mom on her surgery. xo

Alicia Marie said...

LOVE the inspo board! I'm definitely not on Fall brain either living in Miami, at least we get to enjoy our Spring/Summer clothes longer than most. :)

Kate said...

Those drinks sounds great :)

Monica J @ Sofamilyonline said...

Yes, the drink sounds fantastic. Sounds like a great summer drink for a girls night. It hasn't been in the 100's here in NJ or NYC, but this was definitely a summer for the record books. And the heat doesn't seem to be fading any time soon. So, koodos to you for finding a few extra summer pieces and accessories. I love your picks, especially the hat, that gorgeous Madewell skirt and that red bag. Nice! Stay cool and I wish your mom a speedy recovery. :-)

Lauren said...

thankfully our temps have cooled down from being in the 100+ range to more manageable 80 degree weather! Love that chambray shirt, I've got one in my closet just waiting to be worn when the weather is cool enough!

BeckyJo606 said...

You are so sweet to go take care of your momma! The moscato drink sounds so delicious. :) I love that aqua purse--very cute!

chantal marie said...

that sounds like a great girls night! i had some moscato and I don't love it by itself...i will have to try your mix!

hope your mom's surgery goes well!

Ashley said...

Hope everything goes well with your mom's surgery.

Loving the #9 skirt!

Beth Dunn said...

I'm melting too! And can't even do fall except last year when I finally was ready everything was sold out. So I've been forcing myself to shop (online) to have a few cute things for November.
xoxo
SC

Missy Minicucci | The Rinfret Group said...

love these picks! espec the tortoise glasses- im obsessed with mine and wear it all summer. i hope your moms surgery goes well... new follower!

A Shopaholic Runner said...

I'm a sucker for a clutch. I LOVE #12 and thanks to you I now have a knew place to shop online. I've never heard of Kintage until now!

Megan G. said...

So many cute picks! I love that #5 necklace!

REBrown said...

I love the high low skirt!

Lacey said...

Yum that girly drink sounds delicious! And I want that turquoise purse- so cute!

still being [molly] said...

i want that polka dot chambray so bad it hurts, yo

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

soooo moscato and what? I love moscato!! chambray is for any season!! I wear my jcrew one year round. and I work out in pomona (which is pretty much san bernardino) and I'm dying. I have an air conditioned classroom, but the teacher bathrooms are outside and wow the heat hits you going out. I love heat and sun, but this is too much!!

Tiara | a Happy Healthy Home said...

Great Summer staples! The shorts are super cute?

Bev said...

I was home for the weekend (Southern Cali) and man oh man that heat was NO joke!! But, I'd love for summer to be all year if it was able to. Something about the heat and sunshine I can put up with far better than the cold and rain! WAHHHHH

Faith said...

ok, first, that drink sounds amazing! i must make.

and the outfits. i'll like all of them to head in my closet. still talking kindly to that tree in my backyard to start growing money.

sherri lynn said...

Oh I am loving these pieces - especially that polka dot chambray shirt! I am getting really excited for fall weather/baking but I will miss the cool, colorful clothes of summer!