Guest Post -- Michelle of twentynineblog

Today you are privileged to have a guest post from the sweet and adorable Michelle over at twentynineblog. Hope you enjoy her post and for those of you currently planning a wedding, Michelle has some cute photos for her as she is planning her wedding now too, good luck with all the planning Michelle!


First, I’d like to thank Meg for letting me guest post on her blog today.  I absolutely love her blog, especially her fun yellow background and I hope she’s enjoying her incredible vacation!  I have to be honest – it was hard for me to come up with a topic for this post.  I recently got engaged so most of my thoughts have been wrapped up in finding a venue and getting all of my inspiration on Pinterest.  Pinterest, by the way, is the most fabulous way to waste time.  It also helped inspire me to write this post (finally!). 
What motivates you?
My boss recently asked me this question in a review.  What motivates me to work harder?  Well at work its easy – I want my bonus and I want to hear “good job” every once and a while.  In my personal life, it’s a little different.
At the gym
 via Pinterest
I repeat “Sweat is Fat Crying” in my head every.single.time I’m at the gym now.  It pushes me to finish up that last 5 minutes on the stair stepper even though I’d rather bathe in hot sauce than climb up one more stupid fake step. 
I go to outdoor boot camps on Tuesdays and Saturdays.   This past Tuesday it was 89° outside (which is obscene for Buffalo, NY) and I was sprinting, running around a track and basically trying not to die.  At one point, my pace was almost a walk when I heard someone behind me – eff – it was my trainer who I HATED at that moment.  He started singing “Here Comes the Bride” and I knew he was right – I sucked it up and started running faster… and continued to wish he broke his leg.
I have a goal and I have a mantra – hopefully there will be no more fat left to shed tears by next year.

While trying to be creative
 Yay Fringe! via Pinterest

Since I’m in wedding mode, I thought I’d give you a peek into how I’m starting to plan.  I basically stare at wedding blogs all day and pin every idea, good or meh, to Pinterest.  It’s gotten to the point where I have a post-it on my monitor reminding me NOT to sit on Pinterest all day.  It only kind of works. 
Dior’s “something blue” via Pinterest

I got really good advice from one of my readers this week.  She said “No matter what happens, at the end of the day, you’re married to the man you love.  Therefore it was all a success.”  I repeat this to myself when I open my email to find my mother has written me 6 one-sentence emails in the span of 3 minutes – I wish I were joking.
How I hope I feel! Via Pinterest

About life in general
My favorite quote of all time is: If you want something, you’ll find a way – if not, you’ll find an excuse.  That about sums it up.  You can always find a way if your heart is set on something.  People would rather complain sometimes than actually try – I try every day to live the opposite.

So what motivated me to write this post?
For starters, I wanted to see my writing against Meg’s awesome background.  Secondly, I couldn’t pass up an opportunity to write about something that didn’t have to do with Ashley Hebert’s desperate attempt to get engaged to a stranger.
Thanks for reading, everyone!
Michelle from twentynineblog.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm commenting on my own post and I don't care. :-) Hope the cruise was a blast!

Kelsey said...

OMG, thanks a lot Michelle! Now my life is ruined!! Haha, I have being trying to fight the Pinterest trend, like I sometimes fit the desire to watch a new show I know I will be hooked on. After reading your post, I HAD to finally check it out, and I think I am hooked. It is nice to know you spend so much time are there too, though :)

Stephanie said...

Sweat is fat crying- I will tell myself that over and over in my half marathon! I love it!

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

I love the Sweat is Fat Crying quote! Have lots of fun planning your wedding and don't let other people stress you out (say, family members).

*Erin

Laura said...

Haha this post cracked me up, especially the part about your mom's emails. Aint it the truth.