Mom friends

You know how I survive motherhood, well somewhat survive, besides coffee and solo shopping trips at Target, my mom friends. Seriously I couldn't get through this stage of life without them! However we meet, through story time at the library, at the Monday and Friday classes Caleb and I attend, or through church, they get me through the week to when my husband can be around a bit more during the day. There is nothing like having a mom friend who understands when you text her meet you at the park in 10 minutes or else I loose my sanity and she meets you there with her kid. Or just being able to get together as a group of moms with our kids at a park and let them run each other tired for over 2 hours. Or there is nothing like the mom with older kids who tells you everything will be ok, you are doing a great job. 
If you may as I did, it may take some time to find your mom friends, those you can rely on whether it is just to meet at the park for a bit or trust to leave your kid with them for a bit because you have an appointment or take a much-needed coffee break. 
Whoever is in your life as a mom friend, value them, cherish them, don't judge them, understand they are going through the same hardships you are in raising children, hug them when you feel they need it and offer to watch their children. These women can become closer than family especially if you don't live around any family. They are your lifeline, your dose of reality and sanity especially if you find those who will drop by when your husband is out of town with wine and dessert in hand because your kid is in bed for the night and you can't leave. 
That is my two cents for the day - I hope you hold your mom friends tight, don't use them but love them, hug them and thank you for what they bring in your life! 



7 comments:

Bev @ Jerseys and Bow Ties said...

Couldn't have said it better!! I'm away from home and rely on other mommies to help get through some of the most difficult days, AND some of the happiest ones!

Thank goodness for virtual mommy bloggers as well! :)

xo, Bev

Hilary said...

This makes me sad that we're on different coasts! We could have so many play dates/coffee dates/Target dates if we only lived in the same time zone! :-)

Brittany Fry @ The 26th of August said...

I am expecting my first in February and I cannot wait to be able to connect with all of my friends that are already Moms on this whole new level!!! It is so so so important to be able to just go to someone when you really need it.

The Pink Growl said...

It definitely takes a village! Mommy support network is much needed!

Foxy's Domestic Side said...

Yes so true! So glad that we were able to finally meet :) Now work needs not get in the way of another play date :)

Allison said...

Thank you Jesus for Mommy friends! Love this!

Lisa @ Naptime Chai said...

Awwww I just wrote a post last week about how valuable mom friends are! I love this!