It is funny how the inspiration for posts hit you. On Wednesday, I received my daily recipe from Fine Cooking and it was a grilled shrimp with feta, watermelon and tomato salad. My initial thought on the recipe? Yuck. Why Because I hate when watermelon gets mixed with anything else but watermelon and that is when the inspiration for today's post hit me, I am a food purist. Are any of you food purist?
Here is my list to better understand me as a food purist:
- I don't put anything on my hot dogs or sausages, no ketchup, mustard, pickle relish, onions, or kraut. Give me a plain hot dog with nothing on it.
- Back to the watermelon, I want to eat just plain watermelon in all its juicy glory. Don't give it to me in a salad with feta or balsamic vinegar or mint or whatever, give me a bowlful of watermelon
- Again with fruit, I like to eat my fruit room temperature, be it peaches, nectarines, or berries, I think fruits taste best when they are room temperature.
- When going to Chick Fil-a, I don't get any of the sauces. I know you all have looks of shock and horror on your faces right now but I like my spicy chicken sandwich just as it is, the bun, the chicken and the pickles. It tastes great and in my opinion a sauce would just ruin it. For my husband on the other hand, Chick Fil-a is all about the sauces for him.
- I only recently started dipping my french fries in ketchup, before that I ate them plain.
- For cheeseburgers, I like the patty, the cheese and pickles and maybe a special sauce you know In-n-Out sauce but leave out the tomato and the lettuce.
- I don't like to load up my pizza with tons of items, I like it more on the plain side, pepperoni, olives, mushrooms and cheese. Don't ask me to share a supreme or a super loaded pizza with you because I will take off over half of the toppings.
- If I ever go to Subway, my usual is a 6 inch wheat with turkey, cheese, shredded lettuce, olives, pickles, salt and pepper. That is all, that is my order.
Are you a food purist or do you like lots on your food?
Happy weekend too!
Happy weekend too!