Backyard inspirations

My Sean has been working long and hard in our small backyard recently, especially to use it for the warm summer nights, to eat outside while we bbq and have friends over to mingle outside in the warm summer nights. I have ideas for this small backyard but he has other ideas. Knowing what could happen in the backyard, I feel inspired to find great gardening and landscape, the pretty cute table and two chairs that would belong more at an outside bistro than my backyard. Anyways I am excited to say the least! Wishing that money and time weren't a hindrance, I am inspired by the following images.
But I wouldn't keep those chairs, I would promptly replace that bistro set with this set: How inviting does it look, and doesn't it scream come sit on me with your iced tea or lemonade and enjoy these hot summer months!
(come sit and enjoy)
 Or I might choose this patio furniture

I apologize for the tangent I was diverting onto, but here are some more gorgeous photos of what I wish my backyard could look like.



Of course a great backyard must always have a hammock, which is a place for me to lie down, take a nap in the sun, or read a great book, and that is my idea of a PERFECT summer afternoon! What are your favorite summertime activities? What fun summer thing do you wish would last year round?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're looking to accessorize your backyard you should check out sportsman's guide. They have a great little Lawn & Patio section. They have all kinds of great stuff. I picked up a hammock and an outdoor fireplace last year right before summer and I'm amazed what a difference adding a few things can do to your backyard experience. Anyway, I figured I would pass along the information, good luck! I can't wait to see what you do with the place. I'm sure it'll be lovely =)