7.16.2014

how to make a bomb diggity (according to my husband) salad

After I posted my curry chicken salad on Instagram, I felt guilty about not making it a blog post and sharing the salad with everyone, especially since my husband said the salad is bomb-diggity. So while my parents were here last week, I made the salad for lunch one day and remembered to take photos this time so I should share the curry chicken salad love with you all. The only change I made was thinking I had a bag of peas in the freezer but when I made the salad I had no peas but green beans. I had edamame so I added that in the salad for a little bit of green. The great thing about a curried chicken salad is you can add in what you like and remove what you don't. 

For this recipe you need 1/4-1/2 cup mayonnaise (depending on your preference), curry powder, 3-4 chicken thighs, 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/4 cup slivered almonds and 1/4 cup frozen peas. 

The first step in making this salad is poaching the chicken, I used chicken thighs but you can use breasts if you like white meat. After the chicken is poached, cut it up into cubes. 

I cut the dried cranberries in half. 

In a mixing bowl, pour in the mayonnaise and then add in the curry powder. Add in how much curry powder you like to your preference. I like mine on the heavy curry side :-) 

Add in the cubed chicken, dried cranberries and slivered almonds and stir all ingredients together. 


Lastly, add in the peas, I just throw them in froze. The peas will defrost in the salad, just don't serve the salad right away, allow a little time before serving to let the peas defrost :-)
I served the salad as a sandwich but also it tastes great with just a spoon!
So there you go, curried chicken salad!

10 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Love anything with curry, and a good chicken salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do your posts ALWAYS make my mouth water?! Oh man, this looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would love this, too! It's perfect for lunches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love putting dried cranberries in my chicken salad! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need this in my life! I am hungry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to use curry more often! It's a great little spice that I so seldom pull out of my cabinet. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this looks SO good. I love curry, too, so I'd made mine on the curry-heavy side as well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum! a place nearby makes a tuna curried salad which is amazingly good- something for you to try perhaps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband would love this. Pinning it!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to stop by! i love each comment i receive, they make me smile and i will try my best to respond to you :-)