My Husband Is Awesome...

...because he builds us ottomans for our living room.

So after the under the surface type of post yesterday, I feel kinda silly posting today about something so materialistic. I feel like I should have taken a bit of a break but figuring out how to balance my daily needs versus wants is a work on progress.

Here is the story behind the ottomans, it was the day before I was leaving for Tucson over two weeks ago. We headed for a quick trip to Target for a few items and Sean wonders over to the home decor area. He pulls out an ottoman and promptly sits on it. It was cute and all but I wasn't wowed. 

All week long then when I was in Tucson, he kept saying I'm going to build up ottomans. Hearing from him as I was heading back to California that he was at Lowe's for wood, I knew he was on a mission. So immediately after picking me up from the airport, he drove us straight over to Jo-Ann's to look for foam and fabric. 

When Sean gets excited about a project, there is no stopping him, he all about that project until it is completed, he won't rest until the last nail has been pounded in, which is a great thing because I know he will be completing any project he starts shortly.

The ottomans he made has a lid on both so we can store stuff inside them and with plenty of padding they are very comfortable to sit on. 



 Isn't my handy man so cute?
I helped a little bit

 Sean bought legs for the ottomans

How adorable!

With the lids, he made them fitted.

The finished product!


He did a great job on the ottomans and I'm appreciative of his desire to build projects for our home.

34 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow!! They look great!! I love love love the blue stripes!! Have a great weekend!
-Kristen@fewofmyfavoritethingsblog

Ashley said...

Wow! Great job! They look awesome! M is going to make me a bench! I hope he has as much luck as your hubby did!

Rachael {all things beautiful} said...

Ok I am SERIOUSLY impressed!! These are so awesome. I am super jealous of your man's skills. I am the 'handy' person in our house and I'm not so handy if that tells you anything. Ha! Happy Friday!

xoxo

Carlie said...

He is talented! I need to learn to do projects like that!

Karen said...

Very impressive and looks like a great storage place for the dogs :)

Johanna said...

Your husband is awesome and you're adorable.

Laurie said...

such a handy hubby! they turned out great! (and of course, i love that your pups tried them out too!)

Ruthie Hart said...

okay can he send two similar ottomans with yellow chevron fabric to Austin please?!

The Pink Growl said...

That is awesome! They look great! I wish I was handy like that!

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

Wow! That is amazing and they turned out so well! You have a keeper, my friend! :)


http://justrainbowsandbutterflys.blogspot.com/

erica said...

Wow! This is absolutely amazing! I wish I had the talent to copy this. xo

Tiara | a Happy Healthy Home said...

You two just inspired me to make something similar for our house! Have a great weekend.

http://icecreamandfrenchfries.blogspot.com/

Alyssa @ Sweet Shangrila said...

Those are awesome!!! I'm going to show these to my boyfriend and maybe he'll get the idea... :) Have a good weekend!

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

How cool!! I love that fabric. And the dogs in each one!?! Priceless. What fantastic (and talented) hubby you have!! Definitely deserves a little extra TLC. Happy Weekend Meg!

Amy said...

Go hubby!
They look great!
http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com//

Amanda said...

Ummmmmm he is AH-mazing! I love how these turned out. If Louie wasn't in such a chewing stage, I would try making something like these...but considering he's chewed our wood TV stand, I think that having ottomans just isn't in our near future.

Darby Hawley said...

I am so impressed!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

crafty!!! I'm impressed !!!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Oh wow, he's talented lady!! :) WOW.

Anonymous said...

I did not know what an ottoman was, but OMG he did such a great job!! the pic with the dogs is so funny :)

Katy said...

Cute and functional furniture...my favorite! I like the pattern and colors of your fabric.

stephanie said...

those look great! A+ for the hubs!

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

holy cow!! that looks great!! good job to your husband!!

Amanda English said...

I think our husbands would be best friends and they could build some pretttttyyyyy awesome things together! LOL! This winter the husband built us the 'stratton' PB bed. xoxo

The Presutti's said...

Those are so cute. Your husband is a good handyman :)

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, how amazing. I can't believe that he built those!! Have him speak to my manfriend about building something for my living room ... ;)

Kate said...

I LOVE how they turned out. Very nautical fabric! Lucky girl to have a handy (determined) husband!

LEIGH said...

He can come over and build ottomans for me!!!!!

Alicia Marie said...

That's so great, nice to have a handyman around! ;)

Alexa said...

What???! Handyman Sean! How awesome! Love how they turned out!

sherri lynn said...

These ottomans turned out great! My husband has recently been getting into woodworking and is working on a few projects for around our house. I love having a handyman hubby!

Liz Brown said...

Wow! What I love almost more than his handiness, though, is how ready you are to praise him. I think thats one of a wife's most important jobs. :)

Unknown said...

those look great! I love the picture of you "helping" :)

xo SideSmile,
Ashley

SideSmile Style Blog

Nicole-Lynn said...

Aw they look awesome! I love them!