Hostess with the Mostess - part cinq

For this next week of the Hostess with the Mostess, I'm talking about decorations whether it be centerpieces or little mini arrangements sprinkled around your venue. 
Just to re-cap this series so far, I have discussed drinks, appetizers, 4th of July and theme. 
Now for the decorations, make it match your theme of course, whether it be a color, a number, an initial, an idea or a holiday.
These are a few floral centerpieces or mini arrangements I found on Pinterest.
Pink flowers with coffee beans

Flowers in old tea canisters

Wildflowers in mason jars

Flowers with lemon slices in the vase
Source: bit.ly via Clarisa on Pinterest


You can a variety of materials for the decorations, not just flowers. I love this use of candy.

Candles and vegetables - centerpieces like this would be best matched with a dinner party or evening function


 Candles stuck inside coral reef for a beach themed party

These floating candles in mason jars would be so cute sprinkled throughout the venue area

Succulents would be a great but subtle decoration and can be pretty cheap too.

Another succulent option



 Fruits and nuts are totally acceptable decorations for a fall party


A single stem of leaves in different sized jars is a fun way to decorate

For a holiday party, I love the use of Christmas tree branches and pinecones.


My personal preference for party decorations is keep it simple, don't over do it and bring the nature into the party, use elements from nature.

17 comments:

CALLIE said...

I love mason jars and bright flowers!!! Simple with some color :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love the flowers in the tea canisters!

Jamie LaFuze said...

I have a crush on mason jars, so I love all of those ideas. Succulents are beginning to grow on me and I just went to this new restaurant you would absolutely love! They had cute succulent centerpieces.

Darby Hawley said...

ooo I love those flowers in the tea cans! Super cute for a tea party :-)

Simply LKJ said...

Love! I am keeping the last in mind for the holidays.

Stesha said...

center pieces are always so unique! I love these.

xxS

Stephanie said...

The tea tins and mason jars are utter perfection! I love it!

Katie {katie lately} said...

my favorites are the flowers with lemon slices and the jars with floating candles & raffia bows. which is not surprising, my style always conflicts between bright, fun, spunky; and the rustic style with natural ingredients. CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU SUNDAY! Old Town has a few really good mexican restaurants!

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

I love the look of the flowers with lemon slices - its just so pretty and summery! I am keeping all of these in mind - I do love them all!!

Bev said...

Flowers in the tea cans are soo vintage and simply adorable!! But my fave are the single stemmed flowers in the clear vases... GORG!!

Happy Monday love!! xo, Bev

Lisamarie said...

Flowers with lemon slices in the vase is my favorite. It is the easiest to do. Even whole lemons in a vase looks nice.

Holly Foxen Wells of Glamour Mash said...

Just LOVE decorating with succulents. They add an earthiness and a certain modern touch! love! I'm a new follower!

Happy Monday to you!

xx
holly foxen wells
www.ThreeLayerCake.blogspot.com

Alissa said...

I always love succulents! They add just enough of a touch of earthiness

Kylee Noelle {the blog} said...

these are all such beautiful ideas! looove the succulents!

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

I just love all the different ways to put together a centerpiece! Really you could just grab things around your home and it could look gorgeous!

stephanie said...

flowers in mason jars are my favorite

Allison said...

thanks for sharing!! i'm going to be hosting several wedding showers coming up so this will def come in handy :)