Easter Candy - Oh Pinteresting Wednesday

Ok I confess I have been eating Easter candy since I thought it was appropriate which was March 18th, the day after St. Patrick's Day. 

Growing up I always received an Easter basket and I don't remember exactly what we received until Jelly Belly jelly beans came onto the scene. My family including my aunt and two cousins were addicted to those very flavorful beans. I became such an expert I could look at any of those beans and know what flavor it was. Buttered Popcorn, Cappuccino( the dark brown with white speckles). You asked me, I knew it! When new flavors came out, I wanted to try it right away. Along with a bag of Jelly Belly jelly beans, I got Cadbury eggs. I live for those Cadbury eggs. I crave them during the year when it isn't Easter season and eagerly anticipate when Easter season rolls around again and I can buy my first Cadbury egg.

 (Am I really talking about candy this much?) Yes because the rest of the year, I hardly eat candy. Candy is not my go to source to crave a sweet tooth. But Easter time, I am all about the candy.
I decided to turn my love for Easter candy into an Oh Pinteresting Wednesday post.
What are my favorite Easter candies now:





 





 And
Source: brachs.com via Meg on Pinterest

Don't give me the bag of spiced jelly beans. And if you do give me this classic bag I will not eat the black, white or purple beans.



And



Source: candycrate.com via T on Pinterest

Have you tried these eggs?





If you haven't I would suggest you run, not walk over to the nearest place you can to buy these eggs.
So what is in your Easter basket this year? What are your favorite Easter candies?
I found some pretty creative ways to use Easter candy beside eating it.






Now I need to make an appointment to see my dentist because I'm sure I have given myself at least 5 cavities just talking about all this candy goodness.
 Come back tomorrow because I am posting a recipe using one of these Easter candies that you might just want to bake for your Easter meal on Sunday for a sweet way to finish your meal.






31 comments:

Stesha said...

Happy early Easter my love!!!!!

xxoo

Hilliary Meisner said...

Happy Early Easter! The mini cadbury eggs are my favorite! I always loved the jolly rancher jelly beans! I loved the watermelon ones! Hope your having a wonderful week!

Lauren said...

Mmmm...I love the Reese's eggs, but those chocolate Cadbury eggs look delicious! I must find those very soon!

CALLIE said...

I must go stock up on Cadbury Caramel Eggs before they sell out!! Happy Happy Easter Love!

Simply LKJ said...

Loved Cadbury eggs as a kid! And, now I must go get some Jelly Bellies!! LOL

Darby Hawley said...

Meg you are so right! Cadbury certainly makes the world a better place :-)

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

Reese's Eggs hands down is my absolute favorite!!! I also love the Sweet Tart jelly beans - so yummy! :)

birdie to be said...

YUM! The top ones are my fav! Happy (early) Easter!

Sami said...

This is making me want to run and get my favorite Easter candy.. Mini Cadbury eggs. I have to take them out of the bag to eat them though bc if I don't I will eat the whole dang thing. Oh and Starbust jelly beans! Yum!

Sarah said...

Spring wouldn't be official without the Cadbury egg lol. Wow some of the centerpieces are amazing!

- Sarah
A Girl In Transit

Bev said...

those dayummm robin eggs get me every year!! don't like peeps but love the way they used em to decorate in this pin!

Kira said...

I'm so used to candy in Easter baskets that I can't think of what to put in my daughter's basket. Babies don't eat candy, what do I do?

winetastegirl.com said...

I love some Easter candy! Those Cadbury eggs are so good, but they make me a little sick after I eat them. I just can't resist! So excited for Easter although now that I'm the mom, I'm the only one who doesn't get an Easter basket. I think I need to make my own basket so my kids don't catch on. I'm feeling an excuse to go shopping!!!
www.winetastegirl.com

Tiffany said...

All the candy at holidays is a killer!! I hope I can trick my kids with raisins and fruit!

Amy G said...

Candy during Easter really is the best! I just LOVE those Cadbury eggs too! Delish!

Unknown said...

Easter candy is amazing, isn't it? And I've had jelly beans sitting on my coffee table since the beginning of March, which is way worse than after St. Patrick's day! I'm even impressed that you waited that long :)

Happy Easter my dear. Hope you have a great weekend!

xoxo,
Joelle

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

I barely eat candy either but around Halloween and Easter time I am all about the sugar. I love peeps, the hubby thanks they are gross but to me they are like marshmellow heaven. Hehe

Alexa said...

Love the Cadbury eggs, that cake looks insane by the way. Really excited to see what you have for tomorrow.

Carrie said...

Mmm, Cadbury mini eggs are my favorite!

amy b.s. said...

i love cadbury mini eggs!

Jamie said...

So cute. I want it all. I am a candy-aholic. Yum.

Amanda said...

mini eggs are THE best!! Happy Easter!!

Allison said...

I love Easter candy too! Yum. I can't wait to see the Easter treat you mentioned...I just included in my post about needing to find a dessert to make for our Easter!

Unknown said...

I am not really a candy person but one of the parents in school gave me and my assistants a box of chocolate truffles for Easter and OMG, it's a good thing I was out of the room all afternoon or I would have eaten them all!

Unknown said...

You hit the nail on the head with the jelly belly commentary! I SO GET YOU.

Happy Easter!

Sienna said...

love peeps!!! haha best part of easter!!!

Val said...

Such great Easter inspiration. I love Cadbury Eggs.

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Mmmmm!!! I love Easter candy too! Cadbury eggs are my absolute favorite! They are so incredibly delicious!

REBrown said...

Starburst jelly beans are the best! They only make them at Easter so I have to stock up.

Val Fox said...

I'll take the black jelly beans off your hands! Love them!

Janie said...

Those are all super adorable! I don't like black licorice jelly beans either :X I don't eat Peeps or Cadbury Creme Eggs either. But I will die for some Jelly Bellys or Starburst jelly beans. NOM