Hometown Series - Sarah of Total Basset Case

Dear henning love readers, 
I have an awesome guest post for you today. Sarah is sharing her hometown with us of Cincinnati, OH. Sarah is awesome, she has a totally cute basset hound and I think Sarah and I are style twins. Seriously everything she wears I would wear and we are both forever pinning outfits from each other on Pinterest. If we lived near each other, she would be my shopping buddy for sure. 
So read about Sarah, visit her adorable blog and read all the awesome things she posts about!
If you have been following the series, you know the premise of the post, but if you are new then welcome. For this hometown series, I asked bloggers to write the post from the perspective that if I was coming to visit them, what would the blogger plan for us, where would we do, what would we do, see and eat.
Thanks for writing Sarah and contributing to this wonderful series!
 
 

Hello henning love readers!

I am beyond excited to be participating in Meg's 'Hometown Series'!
My name is Sarah and I write over at Total Basset Case

 and I am located in the midwest city of
CINCINNATI!

 I am a (fairly) new transplant to Cincinnati but I love it here!
Cincinnati is chock full of culture, beautiful sites and to see, and of course, yummy food.

I can't stay somewhere long if there isn't good food.

So if you were visiting for the day here is what we would do!

(Just fyi it's going to include a lot of eating... )

First we would start off by having brunch at 

NADA.

I. love. Nada.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's my favorite restaurant in Cincinnati.

It's that good.

Think fancy Mexican food.

After brunch we would head to IKEA for a little shopping.

I mean, if you are near one, you just have to go!

We would also stop by Jungle Jims

Jungle Jims is HUGE international market/grocery store full of food from around the world.

From their vast butter selection to their entire fire truck full of hot sauces, it is quite the experience.

After that we could head back downtown for lunch and a catch a bit of a Red's game.

For lunch I would take us to the new Moerelin Lager House.

 Moerlein is a Cincinnati tradition and they have recently opened a new brewery downtown.

The space is incredibly cool and the food is delicious.

Next we would stop by the Red's game.

 Red's game are very fun and a great way to spend an afternoon.

Our best bet is to grab some of the $5 tickets and take in the game for a bit!

After the game we can take a stroll through Fountain Square.

In the winter they turn the whole area into an ice skating rink!

For dinner I would take us out to Milford to Padrinos.

You can not beat this place for the food and the price!


After dinner we would have to get ice cream at Graters-

it is a Cincinnati staple and not one to be missed.

I would suggest the buckeye blitz if you really want to feel like an Ohioan.

Hope you enjoyed your tour of Cincinnati and please let me know if you are ever in town!

Feel free to come visit me over at my blog!

Big thanks to Meg for letting me take over today!

Definitely would love to take an afternoon baseball game, shop at IKEA and eat yummy Mexican food. Thanks again Sarah for sharing Cincinnati with everyone, that is one city I need to visit for sure!


11 comments:

Alexa said...

Would love to go to a Reds game with her. It's funny, I don't so much enjoy watching baseball on television, but I love going to the games. Or maybe it's just the beer and hotdogs? Sigh...anyway Cincinnati looks wonderful! xo

Val said...

I've been to Cincinnati and love it. Great post.

Lia Joy said...

Great post, Sarah! :) I've never been to Ohio, but I want to visit soon!!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Being that my pup is half Basset Hound, I think Sarah and her blog are awesome :)

These posts always make me want to travel!

Sarah said...

Thanks for having me over today Meg!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I've never been but have wanted to get there. Have only every been to Columbus and Easton & New Albany. I worked for the Limited corp so spent a ton of time over there. Would love to get to Cincinnati :)

Hilliary Meisner said...

I love cincy! Graters ice cream is some of the best, especially there buckeye blitz! I hope your having a great day!

Darby Hawley said...

Love Sarah and Floyd!!! Now I certainly have to make a trip to Cincinnati!

Allyson McGuire said...

What a great post! I never knew all that much about Cincinnati, but now I kind of want to go.

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

REBrown said...

Cincinnati looks fun!

la petite fashionista said...

I there's so many places I'd like to visit, even in the US! I want to do a Visitors guide to Madison now that I'm officially a Wisconsin resident!